Friday 7 September 2012

Heavy Industry



As I've mentioned before, I had accumulated a sizeable library of T2 rig blueprints and decided to put them to use.

First, I just pulled salvage and rig prices from eve-central to calculate margins. A bit later, however, I figured out that I should also check market volume which prevented me from building rigs such as Large Remote Repair Augmentor II which have great margins but almost zero turnover.

In the end, I settled on the most popular armor, shield, energy and weapon rigs and bought about 4.5 billion ISK worth of T2 salvage (I had my own stock as well) in Jita.

I was afraid to undock even a T2 hauler with so much stuff inside so I moved it out of Jita in a battleship.

Then I ran production lines nonstop for about a week and shipped the rigs back to Jita.

Selling them turned out to be the most time-consuming part. Updating orders twice a day, it took me almost two weeks to move the whole stock.

The result, however, was quite satisfying: over 2 billion ISK in net profit.

No comments:

Post a Comment